1978 - 1987 G-Body
A-arms are one of the most important, yet overlooked suspension components. They are the direct link between the front wheels and the chassis. Any deflection causes a change in alignment, which results in poor performance and driving feel. Fabricated from heavy-duty 1.25-inch, 0.095-inch wall DOM tubing with laser-cut, CNC-formed plate steel braces for extra strength, deflection is eliminated with A-arms from BMR Suspension. BMR’s AAU461 Upper A-arms are equipped with CNC machined, nickel-plated, dual-offset cross-shafts with heavy-duty stainless bushing retainers. They come pre-assembled with new polyurethane bump stops, and new upper ball joints are included. Greasable, Delrin bushings add a solid, more responsive feel over the stock rubber bushings. BMR’s bushings are internally fluted, which allows grease to evenly coat the inner sleeve. These flutes also direct grease to the outer edge of the bushing, keeping the thrust surface lubricated. This efficient lubrication ensures quiet, reliable operation over the life of the bushings. BMR’s AAU461 Upper A-arms eliminate upper A-arm deflection, greatly improving steering feel and response in normal and performance driving situations. The compact design provides additional header clearance over stock A-arms, allowing you to run larger primary tubes for high-horsepower applications. The Delrin bushings add strength and eliminate the excessive deflection with stock rubber bushings. Designed for street performance, drag race, and handling, and pro-touring applications, BMR upper A-arms are engineered to provide 2 additional degrees of positive caster for increased high-speed stability. Combine with BMR Lower A-arms, and you get 4 additional degrees of positive caster over stock (2 degree from the uppers and 2 degrees from the lowers). This gives you improved geometry and increased lateral grip during cornering situations. The upper arms also have revised cross shaft geometry and shorter overall length, requiring less shim stack to achieve negative camber on lowered cars, or race and pro touring vehicles with aggressive alignments. The combination of cross shaft design and the shortened overall A-arm length gives you an improved camber curve through the front suspension’s range of motion. BMR Suspension AAU461 Non-Adjustable Upper A-arms are available in black hammertone and red powdercoat for long-lasting good looks. Installation time is 3-4 hours. Proudly made in the U.S.A.
- Fits 1978-1987 GM G-Body
- Delrin bushings eliminate upper A-arm deflection
- Improves steering feel and response for normal and performance driving
- Increased high-speed stability
- Laser-cut, CNC-formed plate steel braces for extra strength
- Fixture welded for precise fit
- Dual-offset cross-shafts for minimizing shim stack
- Requires less shim stack for negative camber than OE arms
- Internally fluted, high durometer Delrin bushings
- Two additional degrees of positive caster built into A-arms
- Additional header clearance
- Pre-assembled with new polyurethane bump stops
- Includes new upper ball joints
- Durable powdercoat finish
- Proudly designed in the U.S.A.
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.